- the nouveau graphics driver was not handling the graphics card very well (hangs when using the DRM after putting the computer to sleep once, garbage screen on various apps, slow 3D rendering), and I could never get the proprietary nvidia drivers to work (would give blank screen at boot time)
- very unstable wireless (at least with my box home, but not with all the ones I've tried)
- and the most painful was the need to recompile the kernel by hand, with the following modifications from stock debian kernel:
-CONFIG_X86_SYSFB=y +# CONFIG_X86_SYSFB is not set -CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE=y +# CONFIG_FB_SIMPLE is not setWithout these modifications, the screen would be garbled some 5-6 seconds after boot (but SSH would still work, as far as I remember).
Monday, January 26, 2015
Friday, January 2, 2015
- patterned fills (shown on the right)
- loops in command files
- a CSS-like styling system (with full XPATH support)
- a backend for mathematical functions of two variables
- the possibility to hide elements that have been drawn before, useful for making animations using output-now for instance
- the possibility to have grid elements spanning two or more columns and/or rows
- many other improvements and bug-fixes
The new release is of course available using rubygems:
~ gem update ctioga2
It can also be downloaded from sourceforge.
The possibilities of the new styling system are particularly interesting, and I'm working on ways to make it more powerful, and providing series of default style files that anyone could use as they want. Among other future changes, I want to improve the position of ticks, especially when using non-linear axes, and add functions to draw vector fields (though this still needs some thinking). Enjoy, and a happy new year to everyone !